The prevention of prostatitis is a guarantee of men's health, because the efficacy depends directly on it. To prevent inflammatory processes in the prostate, certain rules must be followed. First, lifestyle changes are worth it: improved nutrition, monitoring of physical condition, therapeutic exercise and massage. If the patient is recovering, preventive measures include the use of traditional medicine and medicinal products.
Prophylaxis aimed at eliminating or preventing prostatitis is usually divided into primary and secondary:
- The primary is to prevent the development of the disease;
- Patients with prostatitis must undergo secondary prevention to avoid recurrence of the disease or development of a chronic form.
Prevention includes a range of treatments that help prevent prostatitis and improve quality of life. To prevent this disease, men should follow some important rules:
- Healthy Food. Adjusting the diet is one of the key points in preventing many disease periods. Avoid greasy and spicy food. When used acutely, the prostate mucosa is stimulated, and fatty foods help to form cholesterol plaques on the blood vessel wall, which greatly damages the blood supply to the prostate and creates favorable conditions for the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms.
- Reject bad habits. Smoking and alcohol consumption are strictly prohibited during preventive measures. Cigarette smoke can cause poisoning in the body, affecting the body's metabolic processes, while ethanol can tax the heart muscle and cause circulatory disturbances. Notably, alcohol was the main cause of prostatitis in 40% of cases. Additionally, alcohol abuse can negatively affect the entire male genitourinary system, often disrupting potency.
- See a doctor promptly. It is impossible to ignore the clinical symptoms of the development of prostatitis. In addition, any infectious disease can lead to an inflammatory process in the prostate. Do not self-treat STDs.
- Avoid hypothermia. Prostate inflammation is often the result of prolonged exposure to cold conditions.
- exercise. It's important to stay healthy. It is recommended to spend at least 20-30 minutes of physical activity each day, especially if a man's occupational activity is related to a sedentary lifestyle. One of the main causes of prostatitis is stagnant blood flow in the prostate.
- take medicine. If problems with potency are found, men need to start taking the medication prescribed by their doctor. Drug therapy is one of the most important ways to treat prostatitis. At the same time, don't forget traditional medicine, which has many effective treatments.
A notable feature of physical exercise to prevent prostatitis is the training of muscle groups around the anus. To identify the muscles that need strengthening, slow the flow of urine while urinating, count to three and relax. Actions are then suggested in the same way without urination.
The first week of this type of physical activity should be done in 5 sets of 10 each day. From the second week, it is recommended to increase the training intensity to 100-150 times per day.
To prevent prostatitis, you can perform other exercises in a standing position:
- With one foot on the floor, swing the other foot back and forth 80 times. Then switch legs.
- Jump in place 100 times.
- Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart and incline 15 times in both directions.
Therapeutic gymnastics are also performed in the supine position:
- Alternately pull your legs toward your belly, then spread them as wide as you can.
- It is recommended to take a deep breath and hold it for 5 seconds, then take a seated position, stretch your legs in front of you, and touch them with your fingertips.
- Lift your legs, lie on your back, perpendicular to the floor, and do the "bicycle" exercise.
- Lie down on a rubber ball against your hands and roll on the floor.
These exercises will improve physical condition and prevent prostatitis. Also, it's useful to take a contrasting shower - alternate standing under cold water (15 seconds) and hot water (30 seconds). Before going to bed is recommended.
Healing stimulation of the prostate
As a precautionary measure, prostate stimulation is recommended. At home, you can significantly relieve the condition with a special massage that restores the normal function of the male reproductive organs.
This massage helps:
- Improve blood flow, thereby nourishing the glands with oxygen and other useful substances;
- Increased testosterone - the main male sex hormone responsible for erections;
- Increases the tone of the groin muscles, thereby restoring normal urination.
The frequency of prostate massage depends on the individual characteristics of the patient. If a person suffers from congestive and chronic prostatitis, then he needs to do it 2-4 times a week. Sessions can be reduced to 1-2 when health procedures are implemented as a precautionary measure. If the massage is performed with a special stimulant, the frequency of the operation can be increased to 2-3 times a week.
Experts have identified several basic ways to perform a prostate massage:
- Manual massage. Prostatitis is affected by the fingers. This approach is used to a greater extent for the purpose of preventing chronic diseases.
- The indirect technique is based on squeezing and loosening the anal muscles. This technique is used in the early stages of prostatitis.
- Rectal massage through the anus. It is carried out using a special vacuum pump.
- Chamomile enema soup. The water massage must be performed for a short period of time to keep it in the body.
- Urology massage. This technique is used in clinical settings because. To perform it, you need a special tool that affects the urethra.
When performing massage, be careful not to aggravate the condition by injuring the anal mucosa. Treatment and preventive measures in the form of prostate stimulation are contraindicated in patients with:
- Prostate stones;
- Tumors of different etiologies;
- Acute course of other urological diseases.
Before a massage, a thorough inspection is recommended to determine the viability of a wellness program.
In order not to get prostatitis, you must follow proper nutrition. It is recommended to eat steamed or boiled dishes.
To prevent prostate inflammation, reduce the calorie content of your daily food. At the same time, fluid intake during the day needs to be increased. It is recommended to drink at least 2 liters to increase the excretion of urine, which will remove the pathogenic microorganisms that cause prostatitis from the body.
Men are advised to consume about 3000 calories per day. This energy should include:
- 100 grams of protein;
- 400 grams of carbohydrates;
- 70 grams of fat (vegetable source).
In addition, to prevent the development of prostatitis, it is recommended to add the following products to the diet:
- beef, poultry and lean fish;
- soybeans, beans;
- dairy products;
These products contain a lot of trace elements and vitamins that are beneficial to men's health.
Often, to prevent prostatitis, specialists prescribe preparations containing herbal ingredients or bull prostate extract. They are potent stimulators of the human prostate, increasing secretion production and eliminating stalled processes.
Often, urologists prescribe pelvic-organ congestion-relieving medications in the form of tablets or suppositories, which can help eliminate prostate inflammation.
In addition, for prostate treatment and prevention, adequate vitamin intake is also important, which can improve health and reduce the risk of cancer in the long run. Men are advised to drink the vitamin-rich complex:
- A - Prevention of prostate adenoma;
- B - Improve blood circulation;
- E, K - Helps reduce the risk of prostate tumors.
Another way is to use dietary supplements, which are available at drugstores.
Selenium is one of the most important trace elements for men's health. It is involved in the synthesis of testosterone, normalizes reproductive function, improves sperm quality, and also has beneficial effects on the prostate.
For the prevention and treatment of prostatitis, not only modern medicines, but also methods of traditional medicine can be used effectively:
- Oatmeal Soup. Prepare from 2 tablespoons. l. Unpeeled oats and 700 ml of water. Simmer the drink for 30 minutes or longer, until the beans are tender. The decoction is then soaked for several hours, filtered, mixed with parsley juice (50-60ml), and taken 100-150ml per day.
- Walnuts have a positive effect on testosterone production. They can be consumed in pure form, at least 100 grams per day, or in medicinal mixtures. To do this, run a cup of nuts through a meat grinder with a whole lemon and add to the mass of 1 tablespoon. l. Honey. The mixture should be infused for 1 hour, after which 1 tablespoon can be consumed 3 times a day. l. Also, nuts that go through a meat grinder can be diluted with 1 tablespoon. l. Sunflower oil. It is recommended to take this form of the drug in the morning on an empty stomach, and it works better if it is rinsed with warm milk.
- Ivan tea is an excellent medicine to prevent prostatitis. To brew it, 2 teaspoons is enough. Raw materials and 500 ml of boiling water. The tea should be drunk warm, at least 3 times a day.
- Pumpkin seeds are very helpful in the process of inflammation of the prostate. They can be eaten pure and dry. It is recommended to use pumpkin seeds and honey in equal proportions. You need to eat at least 1 tablespoon. l. Seeds.
- Birch leaf decoction is anti-inflammatory and also prevents the development of pathogenic flora in the prostate. Cooking: 1 Tbsp. l. Pour the ingredients into 1 cup of boiling water and soak for several hours. Small doses are recommended.
- Honey sbiten is a good medicine for the treatment and prevention of prostatitis. It helps to improve blood circulation in the pelvis, potency and relieve the inflammatory process of the prostate. Take 1 tablespoon. l. Apply in a glass of warm water on an empty stomach before going to bed.
The methods of traditional medicine are effective, but can cause allergic reactions and exacerbate chronic diseases. Before using them, it is advisable to consult a doctor.
In order to maintain male health, it is necessary to take preventive measures. Prompt treatment will help avoid the consequences of the disease.